21 January, 2009

Revival

Okay, now, friends. It is the beginning. The 21st of January is close enough to the beginning of 2009 for a baby blog to find its footing and stand up. It's the tail end of the new year, not yet into the cold, awful, disgusting, thank-god-it's-only-28-days of February. So I will begin with my resolutions, which began three weeks ago exactly:

1. No sweets all year
I almost wrote "all fuckin' year" but thought I'd keep this clean and let mom read it. I've made it three weeks and after being completely obsessed with things like frosting and star-shaped sprinkles, it feels lovely to turn my nose up at the those and everything else that I previously ate until nausea every time they were within reaching distance. Now my "treats" are milk, yogurt, and graham crackers. I only get harassed once or twice a day for it, too.

2. Read books
Already finished Eat Pray Love and Tuesdays with Morrie. Now working on The Cheese Monkeys. I win.

3. Health improvements
Yesterday two miles, Monday three miles, tomorrow an appointment with the rec center at 6.

I'm tired of writing about resolutions. The blog has begun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, babe.