14 February, 2009

I am frequently tired, and have a very small driving force to update this blog. I'm in need of a purpose. Suggestions?

I had an interview for a Teach for America internship yesterday, the woman that interviewed me was nothing I expected. All business, I can tell she never smiled on the phone, asking me what I did wrong and right for each section. It's good to encourage people to be self-critical, but I think it's irritating when people are unnecessarily cold.

During spring break ( two weeks from now), I have an interview at Curve Detroit, an advertising firm whose philosophy will be backwards from Teach for America, I'm sure. So casual, fantastic sense of humor, smart people. At least, that's what I gather from the website & my small interactions with the team. We'll see how it goes when it happens.

Happy Valentine's day. I've been listening to Radiohead.

2 comments:

  1. you should talk about your artwork, maybe?
    or talk about how my absence from Kalamazoo affects you every day.

    or, maybe try to write short bits of fiction/nonfiction. keep them less than 500 words. if you want, I can give you a weekly challenge.
    for example, in my play writing class, we had one assignment where we had to write a 10-minute play with 2 characters, a broken car, a dead deer, and without using questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.kerismith.com/funstuff/100ideas.htm
    mep. most of it is meant for paper journals, but i love scanners.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, babe.