29 May, 2009

In New York I spent an entire day with Cameron, after not seeing him for something that must be two years. His voice has changed. He carries himself differently, confidence, aloofness, humor. He stands his ground very well and is so nice to be around.

I had about eight hours in Novi between Chicago and New York, and on Thursday we begin the road trip to Maryland. Valerie, Kirk, Joshua, Caroline. In reverse alphabetical order, apparently. I have a tickling back-of-the-spine feeling it will be a very pleasant trip, but there's always a margin for error.

I'm feeling random inklings of inspiration, they make me feel more whole. 

I have finished two books in the past week: Down & Out in Paris & London (Orwell) and The Learners (Kidd). Currently reading The Last Evening on Earth (BolaƱo), as recommended by brother Christiaan.

I've eaten too much. 

2 comments:

  1. You shouldn't second guess your Spidey Sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest reading
    "The Professor and the Madman"

    it's great if you love English, History, Words, or Unfortunate Stories

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, babe.