01 March, 2009

I am officially in love with Toronto. Greg was right in predicting I would be when he came here more than six months ago. Sigh. Too bad I can't stay in hostels, buy shoes & look at art galleries forever. So glad I didn't back out at the last minute like I was about to, because I feel more energized, more excited & inspired, more content with the people I love & more motivated for the future.

The veins in my hands have been showing more lately, I don't know why. It's about 15 degrees here, but I might run in the morning. I got my shit. I might as well. Five point five miles yesterday, but none today, and only ten total last week.

I finally feel like I am in my fourth year of school, like I'm doing something at least moderately worthwhile, that I am succeeding a little bit. Thank God for Flickr, when you need a confidence boost. So many people are interested in my Kzoo tees (just need a new place to print them), and realizing I've been shown on two sites (baby sites, but sites nonetheless) for typography, and will be published in a magazine come fall... I feel more accomplished, FINALLY, in design.

Not only that, but 800 projects are going on. A group of six of us are working on publishing a zine (probably applying for a grant, doing the first issue before school's out), the AIGA fundraiser will be a success, Chicago trip, NYC in May, internship interview Friday morning in Pontiac, conceptualizing for the student show & getting amped about working on my "thesis" (not so much a thesis anymore)... Things are working out.

This is more of a brainstorm & verification of my worth than a legitimate BLOG POST. I hate the word blog. It makes me feel like a 44 year-old blogger sitting on a Sunday morning reading 18 comments about politics. It's kind of sickening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, babe.